Friday, April 20, 2007

Oden to the NBA along with 2 other Buckeyes!


Well it seems that Greg Oden is headed for the NBA. Maybe it should not come as a big surprise but he will be followed according to sources by high school and college teammate Mike Conley Jr. I am in the Conley Jr. camp, and with reports that he could be a lottery pick, I think this is a good move for him. I had a chance to see him in person at the final four and I came away very impressed. I would compare him to the Dallas Maverick's Devon Harris. Very quick, good passer, good shooter. Probably will never be the star of his team, but someone you can count on as long as he gets in a groove. The news out of Ohio that did come as a surprise is that Daequan Cook is going to join his two freshman Teammates. I think Cook is a talent. I think he will make it someday, but I guess he thinks and maybe others that he is ready now. He has not hired an agent, so he could change his mind, but I think it's a bit of a stretch that he would go in the first round this season.

No comments: